Friday, January 05, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Having read all the six part of Harry Potter, I was wondering what I would do till I get the seventh edition in my hands. After being addicted to HP for the whole of December, I am finding it tough to lift another novel or to continue the novel which I was reading before laying my hands on HP & the Sorcerers’ Stone.

I started off with reading any available information on HP from various Internet site. My major source of information was Wikipedia and Leaky Cauldron. I was also fascinated by the official J.K. Rowling site, and ended up spending quality time trying to find out the Easter eggs hidden in the sites. I also watched the trailers of HP and the Order of Phoenix, which would be released on 13-July-2007 and read articles about the forthcoming movie.

Just as I had exhausted all possible options of doing anything more with Harry Potter, I thought about trying to predict the story of the seventh edition of the series which is titled “HP and the Deathly Hallows”. There is no way I can predict the story, but what I would be attempting is to predict where the main characters would be at the end of the novel.

There will be a continuation post to this one, after I read the seventh book, where I will evaluate how surprisingly accurate or terrible wrong I have been with the characters.

Harry Potter – Survives after killing Voldemort, marries Ginny Weasley, and works for the Ministry of Magic.

Ronald Weasley – Helps Harry in finding the remaining Horcruxes and Voldemort. Married Hermione Granger and also works for the ministry of Magic.

Hermione Granger – Helps Harry in finding the remaining Horcruxes and to kill Voldemort. Married Ronald Weasley and goes on to become the Minister of Magic.

Neville Longbottom – After surviving the war with Voldemort, he goes on to replace Prof. Sprout as the professor of Herbology in Hogwarts.

Prof. Dumbledore – Returns as the Headmaster of Hogwarts. I believe (no matter what arguments are against it) that Dumbledore is still alive, and will play an instrumental part in training Harry so that he is fully prepared to meet Voldemort.

Prof. Snape – Is killed by Voldemort when he gets to know that Dumbledore is alive and the entire episode was stages to throw Voldemort off guard. I still believe he is a nice guy and works for the Order of Phoenix.

Remus Lupin - Is mortally wounded after the fight with Fenrir Greyback, and succumbs to his wounds. He kills Fenrir and Bellatrix.

Peter Pettigrew – Is killed by Voldemort after Peter saves Harry’s life to fulfill the death-debt.

Draco Malfoy – Not very sure, but I think he will cross over to the good side.

I guess the following characters would die in the next book – Rubeus Hargrid, Arthur Weasley and Nymphandra Tonks.

I guess R.A.B to be Regulus Black, brother of Sirius Black. I also guess that the Slytherin locket (Horcrux) is currently with Albus Dumbledore. Mundungus Fletcher sold it to Aberforth Dumbledore after stealing it from the Black mansion, who passed it on to his brother.

Fred and George Weasley would join the Order of the Phoenix.

Apart from these, I have always wondered what Prof. Dumbledore’s boggart would look like. Even Prof. Snape’s patronus and boggart are unknown. I am totally at sea to try and guess what they would be.

Nevertheless, I am eagerly waiting for the release of the seventh book. No dates have been released yet, but there are rumors that the release date might coincide with Harry’s birthday 31-July-07.

5 Comments:

At January 05, 2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Interesting predictions. I know what you mean about not getting enough of Harry Potter. I was so desperate I used to visit Fanfiction.Net.

I think at least one of Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermoine will die. Probably Ron.

 
At January 05, 2007 4:17 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

Actually Harry and Ron have the highest probability of getting killed, but I just don't want them to die.

I will definitely have a heart-break once I read the books, but untill I read it, I want to visualize that both survive.

 
At February 12, 2007 7:32 PM, Blogger Megan Hawk said...

hmmm...
I wouldn't want Ron or Harry to die either :(
I am completely in love with J.K. Rowling's imagination and creativity...
Nice Blog

 
At March 09, 2007 11:19 AM, Blogger Jina said...

hey..dats a pretty damn good prophecy..it suits everyone..but knowing rowling we are all in for a surprise i guess..:)

 
At March 09, 2007 11:28 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

Well, I read all the six books once again... this time slowly and taking into consideration all the rumours and predictions by other Harry Potter fans.

I guess Harry will die at the end of the 7th book, which means Ginny also stands a chance of being killed off by JKR.

Dumbledore's condition is also dicey. There is no definite proof that he is still alive and that Snape is clean. Its just my hunch, that Dumbledore might still be alive and that Snape's clean.

And as we all know... its impossible to predict what JKR will come out with... if we could, she would not have been a great author at all!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home