Thursday, January 04, 2007

Happy New Year 2007

Firstly let me wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous 2007. Wishes and prayers for the success of all your new and old endeavors.

I had a wonderful beginning to the New Year. On Saturday (30-Dec-06), eight of our friends met up for bowling at a bowling joint near our house. We played two rounds, and we had a wonderful time.

Bowling is one of the crazes which our friends got into in the last year. Our friends usually end up meeting up at bowling joints once or twice in a month and enjoy a few rounds of friendly, but competitive bowling.

The New Year bash began in the afternoon of 31-Dec-06. We had planned to meet at one of our friend’s house, and there were 10 of us. Our plans were to watch movies, chat, eat, drink and welcome the New Year together. We ended up watching “The Runaway Jury” and “Gangster”. Everyone loved former movie, while the latter received poor response from my friends. We left for our respective homes the next day at 11am.

Last year was special in a lot of ways. My job change was the most special of the lot. I had stayed in 3 metros during the year – Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore. Have traveled to a lot of places, mostly to attend my friend’s weddings and to visit my parents who are staying at Nashik. There were trips to Nashik, Pune, Aurangabad, Wayanad and Kottayam. Since I love traveling, my best moments in the year are all linked to the various trips.

The worst moments of the year would definitely be the painful moments I experienced in my previous company, immediately after putting in my papers. My immediate boss was very supportive, but my department head was in no mood to let me go. He used to call me to his desk and we used to discuss for hours on my resignation. It went on until I put my foot down and told him that I have mentally distanced myself from the company and I had no wish to continue, whatsoever.

Another sad moment would be my parents shifting from Bangalore to Nashik. It had just been 2 months, since I had moved from Hyderabad and I was thoroughly enjoying the stay with my parents when my dad was posted to Nashik. It cut short my pampered stay at home and also made it difficult to visit my parents frequently. I have been able to visit them once in the past 6 weeks.

Other memorable moments from last year would be the drive to Kerala in June, the drive to Wayanad in September, the numerous bowling sessions and the trip to Kerala during December.

Unlike last year, I have not made any resolution for this year. I have stopped making resolutions about exercising, since I know I will never do it. I do not want to make any resolution in the professional front, since there are good chances that I might not be able to keep it.

In the personal front, the only resolution I can think about is to change my relationship status from “Single” to something else. I hope it changes to “Committed” rather than “Married” by the end of the year. Talking about marriages, my parents and relatives are out in the open searching for a suitable bride for me.

Not that I have issues getting married, but I still feel that I still have a few more years of bachelorhood and freedom left in me. Marriages, especially when its arranged brings with it a lot of uncertainty regarding the new bridge or grooms and the fears of compatibility. All guys and girls who are have not been able to find their match on their own and are forced to go through the rigorous process of arranged marriage go through this fear syndrome.

Lets see what’s in store for me in this new year.

1 Comments:

At January 04, 2007 11:05 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

Hope all goes well..

Happy new year to u. Glad to see a post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home