Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I'm Back... donno till when...

When I wrote the post about my New Year resolution, I never knew that I would live up to each and every one of them. I’ve quit smoking and drinking; but never did I imagine that I would be able to quit blogging, since it had become part of my daily routine.

I was proved wrong, the last post on this blog is more than 5 months old. A post on the novel “Kite Runner”, which was a desperate attempt to keep my blogging habit alive. These 5 months of not blogging has had one effect – I’ve stopped making a post out of every incident in my life. But I sorely missed writing, so here I am back in the world of blogging, hoping to continue for a long time.

The main reason for not blogging was the fact that I was put into a project on June 12th. I had to learn a lot of processes during the first 2-3 weeks, and a lot of experimentation was done to the role which I handled, resulting in a truck load of work. Due to the work, I could not blog from office, and since I did not have an internet connection at home, I was totally cut off from my blog.

Last week, I had talked to my bosses (I report to 5 people!!!) about my release from the current role, and from then on work has reduced a bit. I hope to be released by the end of this month or December. I need to sort out a few things before.

I hope I am released from the current role as soon as possible, since I am not learning much in this role, just continuing with routine activities day after day.

6 Comments:

At November 07, 2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Sreejith Panickar said...

Hhahahha! So, you are back! Very good! :-)

Nice to know that you could hold on to your resolutions in quitting drinking and smoking!

I don't think it is a bad habit to jot down something, at least once in a while... All the best!

 
At November 07, 2006 6:14 PM, Blogger sainathkm said...

So Welcome back....
Any new book reviews between these 5 months or just work work work ?

 
At November 07, 2006 10:00 PM, Blogger Danesh said...

Welcome back!
Hope you get a better deal at work now.

 
At November 07, 2006 11:05 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

Nice to see u back... sorry to hear that workis keeping u busy... hope it all turns out for hte good.

 
At November 09, 2006 9:06 AM, Blogger GRAM said...

Welcome Back!!!

 
At November 09, 2006 1:48 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Sreejith:

Even I'm quiet pleased with the fact that I'm sticking to my resolutions.

I would like to continue blogging, but the problem is that I am running out of things to write about. I start off, and then leave it in the middle.

@ Sainath:

Loads of books. Thanks to the traffic in Bangalore, I have read some 5-6 books during my journey to office and back home.

Fourth Protocol, The Client, Kane & Able, The Triumph of Sun, The Alibi, and I forgot the names of the rest.

@ Danesh:

Thanks... :)
Hoping for the same.

@ Thanu:

On the contrary, I'm quiet happy that I have some work to do. I had had enough of sitting in the office and browsing the Internet.

@ Gram:

Thanks...
Now I need to see if I can get back to my good old ways of blogging...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home