Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Time to move on...

My second visit to Hyderabad is coming to an end. I’m leaving the city on Thursday, to continue the rest of my training in Bangalore. Though my stay in Hyderabad has been short – 37 days – I have started liking this place, and I am not very happy to leave it.

In Hyderabad, I am put up in the company campus, which is around 15kms from the city. The hostel within the campus is one of the best I have ever stayed in. Its equivalent to a 3-star hotel, with excellent rooms, service and comforts. I was pampered during my stay here. There is also a laundry service; so I never had to wash clothes – I hate washing clothes. Our classrooms, labs and dining hall are in the ground floor of our hostel, so we never had to go out of the building.

Apart from the hostel and other facilities available in the campus, my visit to the city during weekends has been enjoyable. This place is heaven for non-vegetarians; there are so many good eateries that provide delicious food for a decent price. I have been to Paradise, Angeethi, Carrots, Koyla and Copper Chimney, and loved the food served in each of these places.

The roads here are simply amazing – when compared to roads in Bangalore – wide and with lesser traffic congestion. I would say the roads are a notch better then the ones in Chennai, but a few notches lower than the roads of New Delhi.

I have been to a couple of multiplexes – Prasadz and PVR in Hyderabad Central. Other places of hanging around include some 40 odd pubs in the city – I could not visit even a single one :( :(

Of the many places of interest, I could visit Golconda Fort and Ramoji Film City only. There were many other places to be seen, but thanks to my laziness and craze for movies, I could not visit the other places.

Lot of new friends and memories to take away from Hyderabad. One of my best moments here would have been during the Team Building Exercise when was held on 18th of March. Our team played very well in the first game, but could not keep up the momentum, so finished 3rd overall – there were 7 teams in all.

Hope the trip to Bangalore is fruitful in terms of the training I am about to receive. The training is supposed to finish on 14th April, after which I would be asked to join a project team. Hence, my location has not yet been finalized; it could be Bangalore, Mangalore, Pune or Hyderabad.

May be I am saying goodbye to Hyderabad a bit early, for all I know, I might be back here after completing my training. If I come back to Hyderabad, I know where to head to on my first weekend – PUBS!!!

6 Comments:

At March 29, 2006 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi!!

will surely miss you a lot, esp during the lunch hours and the weekends!!!

do try to come bk soon..
alien.. :)

 
At March 29, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ JD & Alien:

Will miss all the outings and our time together...

Lets see where I move to from Bangalore.

 
At March 29, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Gaurav said...

bugger ur goin home.....and ur sad....yahan to ghar ghar karta reheta thha...

anyways have fun....njoi the stay @ Bangalore try to meet u if i can make it thr on 15th morn....

u kno my no. and i kno urs...will give ya call....if u use ne different no. in bangalore tell in advance....off to ooty soon for weekend with XIMB gang :D :) :D

 
At March 29, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Gaurav:

I am sad coz I'm leaving Hyd. Going home is another thing, for which I'm very happy.

I dont know whether I will be there on 15th, but if I happen to be there, then we shall definitely meet up.

Have a nice weekend at Ooty.

 
At March 31, 2006 11:45 PM, Blogger Yashasvi Arun said...

What man without even meeting or calling once you are leaving.
Anyways Have a nice time in Bangalore

 
At April 10, 2006 10:45 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Yashasvi:

Sorry Dost... but I came to know about this trip to Bangalore just two days before the departure date.

Shall stay in touch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home