Monday, March 20, 2006

Study, Study.... Study!!!

After a long long time, I spend a whole day studying. If my memory is correct, the last time I did something similar was in the 4th semester at TAPMI. I never studied in my 5th and 6th semesters, and after getting a job, I never even bothered to touch any of my books again.

Even for my interview for a job switch, I had got some books from home. I opened them, scanned a few pages, then threw it back into the shelf. I just cannot read a subject book for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. I am ok with going through websites, reading articles on papers, magazines and the like, but not books!!!

After my job switch, which saw me move to Hyderabad from Chennai, I am into training till April end. Trainings are good, except for the tests that are kept at the end of every module to test your knowledge on that module.

Today I had one such test. It was the second test that I took after joining. There were a lot of things to read and understand, but I kept procrastinating. Finally when the dates of my test neared, I had no other choice but to study a whole day.

There were a lot of distractions in the form of Movies (English, Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam), Cricket matches and other televisions shows. I watched the India Vs England test match, “Sweet Home Alabama”, “Lord of the Rings: Two Towers”, and a few mallu movies.

In between all these distractions, I somehow managed to complete my syllabus for today’s test. The test was at 3:30pm, which gave me some time in the morning to revise.

The test was good, 100 questions to be answered in 90 minutes. The worst thing is that the pass percentage is 65%, which is very difficult to attain. That is one reason I failed in the first quiz, out of a total of 30 questions, I scored 17, which was 57%, but still a failed score.

The results for this test would be out tomorrow. I hope lady luck favours me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited on March 21:

Lady luck has finally favoured me. I passed the test, scored 76%.

4 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Thanu said...

Aree I can't believe that I missed 3-4 of ur posts.
How ur new job coming? Good luck on up coming exams too. Have fun in Hyd and I have heard that HYD has a huge Chudi ka market so get some bangles when u go back home. And also double ka meeta.

 
At March 21, 2006 12:51 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Thanu:

Enjoying the new place. Training going on... so no load!!!

Choodi Market.... I'm planning to get some for my cousins...

 
At March 23, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger T E Zacharias said...

Interesting blog...

 
At March 23, 2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ CC:

Thanks.... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home