Wednesday, January 11, 2006

New Year Resolutions - 1 Down; 2 more to Go

Five Days, that’s the maximum that I could control myself. So after five days of controlling myself, here I am blogging again, breaking one of the three resolutions I took. I'm sure that the other two resolutions will not suffer the same fate; after all blogging is not injurious to health!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched Bluffmaster, starring Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, Ritesh Deshmukh, Nana Patekar and Bomman Irani on Saturday. It had a very different storyline, and was a welcome change from the romantic family movies which have started to become a real bore. I liked the movie for the way the story was handled, the acting and the climax was ultimate. Although the climax reminds you of the Michael Douglas, Sean Penn movie – The Game, but all the other details of the movie are real different.

The songs were different, “Ek Mein Aur Ek Tu”, sung by Abhishek Bachchan was really good. Except for a small part in the second half, there was never a dull moment in the story. Nana Patekar is a class apart in the movie, his dialogues and the way he delivers them had the entire hall rolling with laughter. Definitely a good watch. Abhishek Bachchan is growing as an actor, with every movie, he’s steadily increasing his fan following. He’s definitely the next Big B of Indian cinema. Priyanka Chopra looks gorgeous, but her character is definitely out of fairy tales. If there’s a girl like the character played out by Priyanka Chopra anywhere out there in the world, please contact me, I would love to marry you!!!

Surprisingly, the movie has not been doing good except in cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. Maybe its difficult for most of the people to imagine a petty thief roaming in a car, dining in 5 star restaurants and staying in a super luxury flats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These days I have been observing ads from Suzuki Motorcycles in The Hindu. I am not able to remember the lines of the print ad, but it shows a Hayabusa cruising along the scenic beauty of Kerala’s backwaters. I checked out the site mentioned in the ad, and in the bottom center of the site, they have given a photo marquee, showcasing photos of the Hayabusa. I somehow get a feeling that Suzuki is soon going to launch Hayabusa in India. It’s just a hunch, maybe I’m wrong, but if it’s true, I would definitely like to save enough to buy the bike of my dreams, no matter what the cost is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see the end of my boring days at home. Over the past 6 months, I’ve had trouble killing time after I reach back home from work. It had always been books and Radio Mirchi or Suryan FM to keep me company. This are set to change from today.

Gokul’s planning to get a TV. This is part of his long term planning before he steps into marital bliss. After a visit to a few TV showrooms in Anna Nagar, we decided on this latest offering from Sony. It has a 21 inch screen and boasts of quality sound, thanks to the woofer system. It costs a bit more than similar models from LG or Samsung, but I feel it’s worth every penny.

This would definitely change the way I kill time at home. FM channels would be the most to suffer my lack of attention, and I sincerely hope I do not reduce the time I spend on reading books. Currently I am reading “The Day of the Jackal” by Fredrick Forsyth. An amazing book, which I am unable to put down. Just 100 odd pages remaining and it’s a real good one, will definitely rank as one of the best novels I’ve read till now.

On Saturday, I went to one of the shopping malls near my house. I had never been there over the past 6 months. Since I had a lot of time to kill, I ventured out of my house and loitered in the mall. While loitering, I came across a lending library there, and after going through the collection of books there, I enrolled myself and borrowed “Hour Game” by David Baldacci. There are a number of books in the library which I have always wanted to read, but did not get a chance to. Moreover this is a cheaper way of reading the books rather than buying them.

It needs to be seen as to how much the new TV will affect this plan of mine.

4 Comments:

At January 11, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

After u start blogginh for a while, it becomes a part of u. I was on vacation last weekend and I caught myself thinking about my blog couple of times.

Hayabusa in India, that would be different. We just got a Yamaha YZF recently, and that is when we looked at Hayabusas, they are so huge..Shekar finally wants to own a Hayabusa. Lets see where it all goes.

 
At January 12, 2006 9:19 AM, Blogger GRAM said...

Welcome Back!!

Hope I can welcome you soon to Bangalore!!
Fingers Crossed.
ALL THE BEST!

 
At January 12, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Thanu:

Hayabusas are the dream bikes for any bike enthusiast. Hope u get one. Am sure that u will enjoy sitting behind that one.

@ Gram:

Thanks, dost..... ;) ;)
Even I'm hoping for the same.
Thanks a lot.

 
At January 12, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger Anirudh Baskaran said...

Hour Game is a good choice..I just finished reading it. But Beware.. Its one of those books you where once you start It'll be very hard to put down.

One night I kept on reading and the next thing I know is that the time is 4 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home