Thursday, January 05, 2006

Happy New Year 2006

New Year is the time to take resolutions. Over the years, I have realized that there is no use of a resolution, since I've never been able to keep it. So, slowly I began to stop taking resolutions. This year is quiet different. I have taken a resolution - To get away from addictions.

I've quit smoking from 26th Nov, 2005. Had just 11 puffs after that. The New Year resolution is to quit is completely.

The next resolution is to give up drinking for the year. On new year's eve, I had planned to celebrate with my college mates. After the celebrations, I was totally drunk. I had a heavy hangover the next day, which happened to be the first day of the year. I spent most of my time sleeping at home. My stomach was upset, so all the good dishes my mom had prepared was wasted, and at the end of the day, I kept thinking to myself as to why I got drunk so much.

Hence, I resolved not to drink this year. I might start drinking next year, but will always be in control of myself, shall never get totally drunk.

The next resolution is regarding blogging. There has been numerous occations where I have caught myself blogging to increase my page visits. I've purposely blogged so that they are put up in someother blog, which would increase the number of people visiting my blog.

The worst thing is that I have started to imagine every event in my life, every movie, every album, every book, every advertisement and every news article as a post in my blog. I need to get over this.

I've decided to take a small break from blogging. Will be back soon.

Wishing everyone a happy and prosperous new year. May all your dreams and wishes come true this year.

6 Comments:

At January 05, 2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" started to imagine every event in my life, every movie, every album, every book, every advertisement and every news article as a post in my blog. I need to get over this."
hehe. possibly happens to most bloggers.

keep up to ur resolutions. am gonna ask you next year. itz good that you wud quit smokin n drinkin.
divert to better things.
cheerz,,

 
At January 05, 2006 11:54 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

Good luck with all ur resolutions and enjoy ur break from blogging. I'm gonna miss this blog. See you soon.

 
At January 06, 2006 2:07 PM, Blogger PNA said...

hey arun
Happy new year
and hope u stick to ur resolutions after all ........

but about blogging .....i guess u could reduce the frequency and not stop it completely once a week or so...........

Ash

 
At January 07, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Danesh said...

Happy new year and good luck with your resolutions!

 
At January 08, 2006 10:56 PM, Blogger Riot said...

Good luck with your resolutions.

But about blogging...if there is something that really grabs your attention or motivates you...don't hestitate to blog about it. I feel blogosphere is a great place.

See you back soon

 
At January 11, 2006 4:32 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ rocksea, thanu, ash, danesh & OMR:

Thanks for your wishes.
I've already broken one of my resolution. (So typical of me)
But I'm sure, that I won't break the other two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home