Thursday, December 22, 2005

Time Capsule - Internet Version

Dear Arun (2038),

I’m writing this mail after returning from a sales visit to one of our many customers in the hot afternoon of May 20, 2006. I am dead tired and am cursing myself for having done an MBA in marketing, which landed me in this job and in this land of Sambar – Chennai.

As I am reading this mail, I would be 58 years old. This would be the ideal birthday gift for me, reading about myself when I started my career, while I am at the verge of retirement. Happy Birthday, Me!!!!

I landed in this dreaded city 11 months ago, and have been cursing myself for all the sufferings I have undergone. I joined QWERT Private Limited as a senior sales executive, have been covering the length and breadth of the state ever since. Have spent many nights in buses, trains, bug infested & dingy hotels, cars, and what not. Could not have dreamed of a better start to my career!!!

My parents are in Cochin, they are very unhappy that I am far away from them. Varun is in his final year of Engineering and he is doing pretty well.

I’ve broken up with Ashwathy, my girlfriend at ASDF Management Institute. Her parents did not believe in arranged marriage, so we had to split. God bless her and her parents. Btw, I am beginning to develop a liking for the girl who lives in the flat below me. I’ve seen her standing in the bus stop, while I zoom off to office on my Bajaj Pulsar. I hope God gives me enough courage to approach her.

Amma has started searching for a girl. I am least interested in marrying now. Would like to settle down in life, with a safer and better job before tying the knot. I have tried all possible excuses, but Amma is adamant. God knows what kind of a girl I’ll get married to. The thought scares me to death.

About my career asperations, I would like to retire as atleast the marketing head of a big FMCG company. Hope you would not have disappointed me.

Convey my regards and love to your wife, children and grandchildren.

With love,
Arun (2006).

I thought about such a fictitious mail, after reading a news article. The article was about a site, which enables one to send mails to oneself, which will be delivered at a specified date in the future.

It provides a perfect way to communicate what your current situations are alongwith what your aspirations are about the future, to your future, so that you can sit back on that day, read this mail and have a good laugh over it. I could not think of a better birthday present towards the end of ones career.

I’ve sent a mail to myself (quiet different from the one above), which would be delivered on my 58th birthday. Am sure to have a nice time reading the mail I sent. Possible loopholes are that I might have stopped using the mail id, to which I have sent the mail, or that the server where the mail gets stored crashes or gets destroyed over the next 32 years or life is a mystery, who knows what would happen tomorrow?? ;) ;) ;)

7 Comments:

At December 22, 2005 11:59 PM, Blogger silverine said...

Funny!! :))

Merry Christmas Arun!

 
At December 23, 2005 9:18 AM, Blogger Danesh said...

Nice mail. And all the best with the girl next door :)

 
At December 23, 2005 12:20 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Silverine:

Thanks... :)
Merry Christmas to you too....

@ Danesh:

Thanks.... :)
How I wish that the story about the girl next door had been true. Coz there are no females, within the age group of 18-25, anywhere near my vicinity :(( :((

 
At December 24, 2005 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

True! who knows whats gonna happen tomorrow:)

 
At December 24, 2005 9:13 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Ektz:

:)

 
At December 27, 2005 11:18 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

//who knows whats gonna happen tomorrow

That girl mite move in next door.

 
At December 28, 2005 12:21 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Thanu:

Hope it turns out to be true!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home