Friday, November 04, 2005

My poor bike

For the past two days, every short journey on my bike has been an adventure. Its because my rear brake lever gets jammed if I depress it, and to get it back to the normal position, I am forced to use my leg. So I use my leg to press the brakes, and then when the bike’s speed has reduced, I use my leg to bring the brake lever back to the original position.

This requires considerable amount of concentration, since there are a number of things you need to do at the same time. Release the clutch, turn the accelerator, change the gear, get the rear brake back in position, keep a finger on the front brake – just in case – and look out for other vehicles, humans and animals.

I’ve been enjoying every ride on my bike since then. Yesterday evening, while returning from the office, I decided to stop using my rear brake totally. So I’m using the gears as well as my front brake, which has disks, to reduce my speed or to stop.

God, why have you made me so lazy? Why can’t I go and give my bike for service in the service station which is less than a kilometer from my home?

I’m planning to give my poor bike it’s much needed service tomorrow!!!

2 Comments:

At November 05, 2005 8:22 AM, Blogger Parth Anand said...

hey..dont be lazy and get the bike serviced...
dont take risks on the road...however cautious you maybe..or however commendable the innovative strategy but dont take a chance...

 
At November 07, 2005 2:03 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Parth:

;)

Now the rains are getting in the way!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home