Friday, September 30, 2005

Life - A Standstill

My life has come to a perfect standstill. The same set of rituals over and over again, life has become so monotonous.

I’ve been doing the same things over the past 5 days. Keeping my alarm at 6:15, snoozing the alarm till 7 and wake up lazily by 7:15. I realize that I am late by 7:30 and that’s when my flight takes off. Get ready in a jiffy, rush to the office, barely managing to get in time. After checking my mails and doing some early morning chores, if at all there are any, I go out to have my breakfast, which is usually Puri Masala.

The day flies past in the office. Let’s not talk about my work in the office, since it’s a sensitive issue and its better to leave it alone. So fast forwarding the time, I reach back home.

At home the only thing I do is listen to FM radio channels and read novels. I had started “The Sum of all Fears” in the second week of September, and I am yet to finish it. Usually I finish books in a week or so, but this one is a huge one around 1100 pages, so I am taking my own time. The first 200 pages were extremely slow, the author was taking his own time to build the story. Now that I am nearing the 500th page, the plot is getting better and I hope the last 300 or so pages are absolute page turners.

Since the book was the best selling novel throughout the world in the year 1991, it has to be a good one. Plan to finish it by next weekend. I have bought the next book to be read, The Negotiator by Fredrick Forsyth.

So to break the monotonous life, I decided to pay a visit to my parents during this weekend. I’m leaving for Bangalore tonight and plan to catch up with a few friends there. Hope I get the required break and return afresh on Monday.

Life becomes such a big pain when you are frustrated!!!

5 Comments:

At September 30, 2005 3:48 PM, Blogger GRAM said...

why fear when i am here!!
you are not alone in this boat.....

you forgot..

I AM ALSO THERE!!!

 
At September 30, 2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

When will we get out of this boat????

 
At October 01, 2005 6:17 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

the sum of all fears is a great book.

u will be sated when u finish it.

guaranteed!

 
At October 02, 2005 4:39 PM, Blogger silverine said...

Sometimes life does come to a standstill....but in my case I use every such intervals to learn something new :)

 
At October 03, 2005 11:42 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Poison:

I am also pretty sure about that. Just waiting for the chapters which would be absolute page turners.

@ Silverine:

It depends on the state of mind that you are in. My case is that, I am unable to see any light at the end of the tunnel, even if I see some light, its accompanied with a horn, which suggests that its an oncoming train!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home