Thursday, September 08, 2005

Cold, Cough, Fever, Stomach Ache & Body Pain - is't it enough??

I hate it when I am not feeling well. Be it something serious like the Jaundice I had during 2002 or the mild cold which I keep suffering from on a regular basis.

The very moment your body shows signs of sickness, your entire perspective about life changes. You fell like why it had to be you, or why of all the days you had to fall ill today.

Today I am suffering from fever, running nose, severe cough, stomach pains and my entire body is paining, especially my necks and back. I cannot sit or lie down without experiencing any pain or discomfort.

I got drenched in while I was in Bangalore on Saturday. After returning from Bangalore, I got drenched on Tuesday night also. By yesterday morning I had a running nose and by evening I was having fever.

Today morning, it was worse. I could not sleep properly yesterday night, kept waking up every now and then. Now I am in my office, sitting in the ac with a fever, and the stomach pain is not making my time in the office any better.

I met the doc in the office and he prescribed a few medicines to me. One each for fever, stomach pain, running nose and cough. I hope I start feeling better soon. Do not want to go home.

If I go home, I would be all alone. My roommate would have gone to work and the entire house would be empty. Loneliness is the last thing I can take when I am not feeling well, so I am sitting in the office, so that I can see some human activity going on around me.

I am missing my mom a lot now. My mom used to say that I would act like a small child when I am not feeling well. I loved to spend a lot of my time simply lying on her lap. I loved doing it, and today I am missing her a lot. I would never have taken medicines if I were at home. Just lie down on her lap, keep taking food and other ayurvedic kashayams which she gives me. I would have been fit within a day.

I hope I get back to my normal self as soon as possible.

4 Comments:

At September 08, 2005 3:25 PM, Blogger Sushil said...

Hope you get better soon.

 
At September 08, 2005 3:32 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Sushil:

Thanks mate....

 
At September 08, 2005 10:41 PM, Blogger Danesh said...

I can relate to this situation - I was in one a long time back in Hyderabad. It is indeed a sickening feeling. Hope you get well soon.

 
At September 09, 2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Danesh:

Thanks buddy....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home