Saturday, September 24, 2005

Amity Business School - Derecognized!!!

I had mentioned in my previous post, that I always used to wonder how Amity used to consistently rank at no 12 in most of the business school surveys. Looks like my questions are going to be answered.

AICTE has recently withdrawn its approval to two of its courses – the full time and part time MBA courses. I found two articles on this news. One by Yahoo! News and the other by The Telegraph.

My heart goes out to the 150-200 odd students whose future is hanging in the balance.

I also happened to chance upon these two blogs, iipm and iipm delhi. It was really hilarious as to how they went about commenting on each others blogs to promote IIPM. I believe it is one of Arindam’s “Count the Chickens Before they Hatch” strategy being put into action.

Its high time management education in India attains maturity. I don’t know how much more money would be wasted or how many futures would be sent down the drain before we see some change in the scenario.

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2005 2:03 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

its a dangerous world out there for mba aspirants. i also aim for an mba ultimately, and the pitfalls in choosing the right b school seems to be uncountable.

 
At September 26, 2005 2:07 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

the iipm blogs SUCK!

i cant believe that the chaudhuris are so deprived to play this low...

they are trying to market themselves in the blogosphere as well, and the ploy seems too transparent.

 
At September 26, 2005 4:02 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Poison:

The best option would be to ask through your friends about any college that you wish to join. Its always good to hear from a person who has had a first hand experience.

I could not stop laughing when I went through the IIPM blogs, strange that there are just two of them. I was wondering about their other facilities - Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home