Saturday, August 27, 2005

Signs of Prosperity

The growth of a tummy and the flab of fat that appears on the sides of your tummy are supposed to be signs of prosperity. Well, I am getting prosperous. My tummy is slowly, but steadily bulging out, and I can feel the fat content in my flab increasing day by day. The increase is slow, but it’s steady.

I have never exercised in my life, because I am extremely lazy. I hate the very idea of going to a gym for a workout; I even hate simple workouts that one can do at home. I did make an attempt at starting an exercise regime, when I was sitting at home after my engineering – preparing for CAT. That’s when I bought a 5kg dumbbell, I might have used it for 2 days, and after that its been lying in our attic. I haven’t even cared to touch it since. My mom keeps reminding me about it every now and then, but I chose to ignore her advice.

A job in the IT field involves sitting for long hours in one’s seat and very less movement. There’s lot of good food available in the locality and one tends to eat a lot. Since the salary is also good, one ends up in a good restaurant frequently and it adds to the signs of prosperity.

Untill two days ago, I was not even bothered about the signs of prosperity, but then when I saw myself in the mirror, I felt that I was getting out of shape. Now that is not good news for a bachelor - who does not even have a girlfriend - like me. So I decided to make an effort to start few exercises, so that I can stay in my current shape.

So I started yesterday. Doing some stretches, stomach crunches and pushups. I am also planning to get my dumbbells from home when I visit there next time. Its going on fine, except for the fact that every muscle in my body is paining, since it’s the first time they are made to do some work!!!!!

I hope I continue exercising for sometime.

12 Comments:

At August 27, 2005 2:12 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

juz do sum 50 pushups a day. tht oughta take care of it.

 
At August 27, 2005 2:17 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Poison:

I will land in the hospital if I start off like that.

20-a-day itself is giving me a bad time....

If I dont get lazy and do exercise regularly, then I hope to touch that figure in a month or two.....

 
At August 27, 2005 9:26 PM, Blogger R.Nandakumar said...

if you hate exercise so much,
perhaps a few spells of traveling and trekking will help. exploring places on foot can work away a lot of the unwanted girth and one gets some sightseeing done as well!

anyways, good luck.

 
At August 28, 2005 10:57 AM, Blogger GRAM said...

just a brisk walk for about 30minutes willdo the trick. You can do that either in the night like me after 9pm or early in the morning...

Knowing tha fact that you are an early riser i suggest late nights after 9pm.

 
At August 28, 2005 10:13 PM, Blogger silverine said...

Hi Arun,

Great to know you are exercising that flab away. Walking is a good way to do that. I chanced upon a blog about a mally guy who lost lots of weight. Check it out!

 
At August 29, 2005 8:36 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Nandakumar:

I love to trek, but the options in Chennai are very limited or non-existant. Thanks for the wishes.

@ Gram:

Did not miss the sarcasm in "Early Riser"....
Anyways I hate to venture out of my house after I come back from office.
As of now, I'm planning to continue with the exercise.

@ Silverine:

The site was good. But there is no way I can walk so much!!!!
I'm better exercising at my home.
Moreover I need not take on drastic steps, since I'm just 2kg's overweight. (6ft - 76kgs)

Thanks guys..... I hope to carry on my exercise regime till...... till.... I get bored with it too!!!!

 
At August 29, 2005 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knowing how lazy u r i think vene if u carry this for 1 week i will be surprised...(by the way i exercised only for a day and left it!!!)

 
At August 29, 2005 1:29 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ PT:

Even I am worried about the same...
But this time I am determined to carry on.....

 
At August 29, 2005 5:25 PM, Blogger Gaurav said...

So preparation goin on for goin to bangalore in the anticipation of losing ur SINGLEHOOD... ;)

 
At August 29, 2005 6:38 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Gaurav:

I am NOT planning to loose my singlehood!!!

 
At August 30, 2005 4:03 PM, Blogger Matter of Choice said...

hey

thankx for dropping in on my site..and best of luck to u too..i am sure u will be able to go for more than 1 day and u shuld be easily done in weeks time :)

 
At August 30, 2005 5:29 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Mallu:

Thanks. Hope that I atleast stay in my current state.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home