Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Maine Pyaar Kyoon Kiya?

I happened to watch this movie two days ago. I went along with my colleagues, and one of them was watching it for the second time. I was hoping for a good movie, but I was so wrong!!!

The movie when released ran into a lot of trouble, due to the release of a tape, which the Mumbai police alleged was between the lead actor of the movie – Salman Khan – and his estranged girlfriend Aishwarya Rai. According to the tape, Salman was threatening Ash that he had connections with the underworld. There was a public outcry against Salman, the posters of the movie were torn down, theaters were prevented from showing the movie and so on. Finally, all the hue and cry settled down and the movie is being screened all over India. Although there were no such incidents in Chennai – some of my friends would contest saying that Chennai is not in India – and the movie has been going on for a long time.

So for the third time after coming to Chennai, I went to Satyam Cine Complex, and for the third time it was the second show. By the time the show was over at 1:30 am, I was crying aloud “Maine Movie Kyoon Dekhi?” (Why did I watch this movie?)

There was no story, the acting was just average, no good songs (The only exception being “Just Chill”), no background score, nothing. There was nothing about the movie, which I could say, was worth the money that I had put into the movie. After watching a movie like “Sarkar”, it was my mistake of going for this movie with a lot of expectations.

The story is about an orthopedic surgeon Salman, who is so handsome and smart that every girl falls for him. He is in love with Katrina, while Sushmita is the nurse in his clinic. Salman’s style of loving is that he tells every girl that he is married, so that it’s easy for him to dispose her in case he does not like her. Sohail is Katrina’s neighbour and has saved Katrina’s life more than once – Katrina has got this habit of attempting to take her life for even the silliest of matters. Sushmita loves Salman, but Salman is not aware of this.

The story takes a turn for the worse when Katrina demands that she meets Salman’s wife. Now to prevent Katrina from another attempt on her life, Salman pleads with Sushmita to act as his wife, who agrees out of her love for him.

For the next one and half hour, the movie has a lot of mindless comedy and double meaning dialogues. To my amazement the whole hall was laughing, while I was hardly able to find one or two instances to laugh in the whole of the movie.

So overall the movie was a big disappointment, and I would advice you to go for it only if you are all alone at home or you have no other mode of entertainment or you have no girlfriend to spend your evenings with – which was all true in my case.

1 Comments:

At August 08, 2005 10:18 AM, Blogger Gaurav said...

Hi maine tere ko movie kyuuuun dikhaaiiii....teree story beech mein hi reh gayee....

He he...but still buddy....it was better dan sittin at home doin nothin....nd I saw it for the second time.... :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home