Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Hello, Mr. Arun????

Location: Ashok Nagar Pillar Junction. Heavy traffic and noise in the surroundings.
Time: 7pm, 22 August 2005

The protagonist of our story is coming out of the ICICI bank, when his mobile phone rings. He looks at the number, which said it was a mobile, but still unidentified. The conversation went on as follows.

Protagonist (P): Hello!
Annonymous (A): Am I speaking to Mr. Arun Panicker?
P: Yes
A: Well, I am from the HR department of ABC Ltd. I got your resume through one of your friends in the company and he told me that you would be interested in applying to our company.
[Silence]
A: Hello! Mr. Arun, are you on line?
P: [Dazed & Surprised] Yeah, Iā€™m on line. Could you repeat what you said just now?
A: I calling from ABC Ltd, and we have come to know that you would be interested in applying for a job with us. Would you be interested?
P: Who gave you this information?
A: I told you ā€“ one of your friends.
P: Okie, so what do I need to do? What post are you offering and what other details are you willing to give me?
A: We know that you are interested in the Enterprise Solutions post and we are in the process of recruiting for the next batch, which starts in December.
P: Ok.
A: So would you be interested in applying? The salary would be at par with what your friends are earning at ABC.
P: Ok, I would be interested. What do I need to do?
A: You need not decide immediately. You can take your own time and call up a number and tell us your consent. Can you note down the number?
P: Wait a minute. Let me take out my pen.
[P takes out a pen and a piece of paper]
P: Yeah tell me.
A: 9884046829
[P repeats the number and confirms it]
A: You can call this number in the next 7 days and confirm your willingness to apply for the post.
P: Sure.
A: Would you like you current employer to know about your intentions?
P: Not at present, but I would definitely tell them later.
A: Ok Arun, we shall preserve this little secret of yours. Do call up the number and confirm for the interview.
P: [Puzzled] Interview???
A: Yeah, I think I forgot to mention that we if you are interested, we have already shortlisted you for an interview at out office in Sholinganallur. If you are willing to apply, kindly call the number and mention that you are interested in applying. After that you need to come to our office at 8pm on Sunday and your interview will be held in Mahavir Hall.
P: Ok. I shall do so.
A: Thank you, Mr. Arun. It was nice talking to you, hope to see you soon.
P: Thank you.

Our protagonist stands rooted to the spot, where he had received the call. The noise of the traffic had interfered his conversation, and he was wondering whether whatever he had heard was true.

Soon he receives another call. This time it was from his college mate. He picks it up and his friend asks, "So, you want to join ABC Ltd..... isn't it????". Thus ends the story wherein our protagonist was fooled by two of his friends.

At the end of all this the protagonist was left wishing that the prank come true, for ABC Ltd is his dream company!!!!!

8 Comments:

At August 23, 2005 6:00 PM, Blogger Krish said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At August 23, 2005 6:02 PM, Blogger Krish said...

I thought better to mail u rather than put that in public domain...I know u had enabled the comment fwd option...so u shd have got the comment...right?

 
At August 23, 2005 6:04 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Krish:

I got both the comment..... There was no need to delete the previous one....

As if I care!!!!!

 
At August 23, 2005 8:56 PM, Blogger Sonia said...

aww! that was a rotten prank! poor u!

 
At August 24, 2005 9:46 AM, Blogger Gaurav said...

Buddy all the best to u....hope u get ur dream job... :)

 
At August 24, 2005 11:37 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Sonia: It was fun

@ Gaurav: Thanks, let's see what lies in store for me!!!!

 
At August 25, 2005 3:51 PM, Blogger Sushil said...

Sorry to hear it was just a prank call. On the bright side it wasnt anyone trying to steal your identity or get you in trouble with your place of work.

 
At August 25, 2005 4:00 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Sushil:

The thing is that I let myself fall for the trick. Had I thought properly, rather than simply replying, I could have easily called the bluff..... there were so many loopholes.....

But.... I fell for it.... :( :( :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home