Friday, August 19, 2005

God..... Why Me?????

I hate to plan things in advance. My planning starts in at the maximum of 3-4 days for an event or trip. My parents have always lectured me in length to change this habit and plan things well in advance. I got a lecture the last time I went home, since due to my haphazard planning, I ended up spending 700/- for the to and fro journey. If I had planned earlier, ie booked my tickets in train well in advance, I could have made the trip in 400/-.

So I decided to set things right this time. As soon as I came back to the office after the trip, I took out the official calendar and checked out the next set of holidays. I saw that Sept 6th and 7th are holidays and if I take 5th off, then along with the weekends I could get 5 days at home. So I asked my travel agent to book tickets for me and I was surprised as well as happy to get confirmed tickets. Now I needn’t run from post to post searching for tickets and there was no need to travel by the costly Volvo. I was beginning to realize the true value of planning in advance.

But god likes me the way I am. He was not pleased to see me relax without much worries and so he decided to bring about a twist in my plain vanilla life.

So when I arrive in the office in the morning, I see a mail from out HR to all the people in the company. The letter stated that since the company was planning to meet a strict delivery deadline in September, due to which 6th would be a working day!!!!

I could not afford to take 2 days off since I’m planning to take 2 days off during Onam. So either this trip has to be shortened to two days and then take 3 days leave during Onam or take 2 days off on either of the trip.

I have decided one thing - I shall never plan a trip so much in advance!!!!!!

God knows what’s in store for the Onam trip – I had planned it 1 and ½ months in advance!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At August 20, 2005 4:36 PM, Blogger silverine said...

Lots of people planning for the coming long weekends. But I am an advocate of early planning.And HR's have been spoiling the party for quite few people, even in my co :)

 
At August 22, 2005 8:26 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Silverine:

Now my Onam plans have also changed!!!!! Planning to write about it later!!!

 
At August 24, 2005 9:38 AM, Blogger Gaurav said...

he he he he....
meine plan karne ki koshish hi nahin ki.....bangalorese frnds comin over.....happens....wen u wanna save money...it automatically goes away.....

tell me of ur bangalore trip plan in advance next time around....

 
At August 24, 2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Gaurav: I still prefer to save as much money as possible. Even after all the cancellations, I am still saving a lot of money!!!!

 
At August 24, 2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Gaurav said...

tu to mujh baniye se aage nikla

 

Post a Comment

<< Home