Monday, August 29, 2005

A Boring Weekend

Was bored to death on Sunday. Since most of my friends had gone home and a few were busy shifting houses and the remaining few were too lazy to come out of their houses, I was left with myself on Sunday.

My dad’s birthday is coming up next month, so I decided to move out and get some gifts for him. After breakfast, went to Spenser’s and bought 2 Van Huesen shirts for him. I got a T-shirt, jeans and a belt for myself. In a matter of 1 hour, I blew up 2500/-. God save me and my investment plans!!!!

On my way to Spensers I had a close shave with another traffic policeman. I was speeding along at 60km an hour (Speed limit on Mount Road is 40km an hour), and that too on the wrong lane; on the lane meant for buses. There was another guy, some 100 meters ahead of me, on the same lane and as I was approaching Spensers, I saw two traffic policemen come out of nowhere and stop the poor guy in front of me. I also noticed that they had their eyes on me as well.

In a split second, I shifted from the third lane to the lane meant for bikes, and I was lucky that the second lane, meant for cars was full, so the policemen could not get to the first lane and stop me. I was thus saved from spending another 100/-.

After returning from Spensers, there was nothing left to do. So I spent the rest of the day reading The Runaway Jury, cleaning my flat, washing clothes and sleeping.

Another good news is that I have been doing my exercises regularly. And thanks to the exercises, I have developed a new habit. I stand in front of the mirror and try to figure out whether there’s any change in me, due to the exercise. I keep checking my biceps, abs and shoulders. No major changes as of now. May be, its atrocious to expect changes after just 4 days of exercising!!!!!

10 Comments:

At August 29, 2005 11:28 AM, Blogger silverine said...

Great going Arun, hope you will achieve your ideal weight soon :)

 
At August 29, 2005 1:31 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Silverine:

I'd be happy if I atleast maintain my present condition.

 
At August 29, 2005 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I thought the Police men behaves like that only in Bangalore... This weeked I was with one of my relative in his bike.. We had all the documents except the Karnataka Road Tax Receipt.. He forgot to take that with him.. Traffic Police caught us twice. The first police asked me to give 5000 Bucks .. Then we manged to escape from there with 200 Rs... Again in another place one more traffic police caught.. This time we also tried to escape in the same 200 bucks but then he showed the 500 Bucks notes in his pocket.. He said he wont accept anything other than 500 Rs Notes... God. We had to pay that too... God The 'Anniyan effect' also seam to stop in this country.. We all are moving in the wrong path ;)

 
At August 29, 2005 5:22 PM, Blogger Gaurav said...

and look who was telling whom to save money... ;)
so exercise and all happening....koi dikh gayee kya....

bhai ghar mein akele thhe to u shud have called me...wud have called u to office....where i was on Sunday...

 
At August 29, 2005 6:43 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Dilip:

The policemen are the same everywhere. Asking for 5000/- was atrocious. Its unlucky that u had to shell out 700/-.

@ Gaurav:

Koi nahin dikhi hai.... and as I had replied to ur comment on the previous post - I'm planning to stay single as of now!!!!

 
At August 29, 2005 9:31 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

like i said, when u do 50 pushups a day, u WILL be in shape :P

 
At August 29, 2005 9:32 PM, Blogger -Poison- said...

make tht in one stretch!

 
At August 30, 2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Poison:

That's a loooooooooonnnnggg time away!!!

 
At August 30, 2005 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi...

being a fellow chennai resident...i fully sympathize with u!!!..yeah the 3 lanes in mount road is a gold mine for chennai police guys..i always manage to keep @ 40 km and on the right lane on the way to spencers..particularly from gemin-spencer stretch!..otherwise with my KL registration i am dead meat! (evn in veggie chennai)

oh yeah..last weekend was boring to me too..both roomies had gone on vacation..so i read n read, got bored n bored and finally cleaned up my room..and that really tired me out. as of now my room is the cleanest in the house..and i am a proud mallu showing off to my envious non-mallu roomies our emphasis on cleanliness :))

 
At August 30, 2005 5:33 PM, Blogger Arun R said...

@ Anishm01:

Life without friends are quiet boring!!! Especially when all your friends are working in other companies.

Hey, I can put my 2BHK flat as competition for your room!!!! Had a tough time cleaning it!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home