Monday, August 01, 2005

Another lonely weekend

The last weekend was the perfect blend of enjoying to the core as well as getting bored to death. Had a very nice time on Saturday, while I was nearly bored to death on Sunday.

On Saturday, I was in office till 5:30pm, after which I left for Besant Nagar beach. I have visited a number of beaches in my life; but there are very few beaches like the one in Besant Nagar, which beckons me – the beaches near Manipal are always an exception! Met a few of my classmates as well as 2 of my seniors. We sat there in the beach, talking about the good old days at TAPMI. We had dinner at a hotel nearby and the food was amazing. I ate to my stomach’s full.

We split at 11:30 in the night and I moved on to meet some of my office colleagues after that. It was a bachelor’s party, which had started without me since I had made this commitment with my friends from TAPMI. Reached there just in time to enjoy the best part of the party. There was music, dance, drinks and loads of nonsense talk going on. It was in one of the flats of my colleague, which was in one of the residential colonies of Chennai. I hope the music would not have created much of a nuisance to the people around.

The party got over at 3 in the morning. We slept at their place and I returned home on Sunday, at 11am. Had to skip breakfast, and I had my breakfast-lunch combined at Saravana Bhavan. After lunch, I was feeling really tired, the bachelor’s party was taking its toll. So after going thought the newspaper I slept for 5 hours and got up at 7:30pm.

After that I did not know how to kill time. I listened to some music; soon I was bored of the music. So I switched on the radio and listed to the cricket commentary – I do not have a TV in my flat. It’s been a long time since I listed to radio commentary, I very clearly remember the last match that I listened to. It was the test match between India and Pakistan, which was held in India. The one in which Sachin made a brilliant 137, and still ended up in the loosing side – India lost by 18 runs. How I felt bad on that day!!! This time India won, and that too handsomely.

Even after all this there was so much time left for the day. I continued with my reading of Don Quixote. Finally retired to bed at 11pm, where I was greeted by sleeplessness. I had slept for 5 hours in the afternoon, due to which I was unable to fall asleep. I listened to two cassettes on my Walkman but I could not fall asleep. Finally after hours of turning around in the mat, I fell asleep by 1am!!!

Overall, a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home