Monday, July 11, 2005

Weekend with Chittappan

This weekend was a short one. Had planned to do many things, but as it had become so typical of me, I ended up doing nothing.

The very first thing on my list of to-do’s the last weekend was to have a haircut, and then I had planned to wash/clean all my bathrooms. I also wanted to book tickets for my trip to Bangalore next weekend. I had even wanted to go out and buy a few things in the evening.

Sasi Chittappan (Dad’s Co-brother) had called on Saturday night and said that he would be coming over to my house for the weekend. He is one of the person I am expecting to stay with me. So on Sunday morning, he came home by 10am. I had to pick him up from Mambalam suburban station. The whole of the morning and afternoon went in talking to each other. We talked about our jobs, family, share market, Chennai, and the topics were limitless.

In the evening, we went to Santhome, to look at a house that suited all needs of Chittappan. We saw the house and also went to the Aiyyappan temple in Santhome.

It’s been a real long time since I visited this temple. I was a regular visitor during my 12th. At that time, the temple was still under construction, now the temple is fully constructed and is an exact replica of the Sanctum Sanatorium of Lord Aiyyappan at Sabarimala.

Driving in this dreaded city is a bane. You need to be really focused on the roads; take your eyes off the road once and you risk yourself getting into an accident. I was dead tired after the trip, it was nearly 35-40 kilometers and moreover in the evening traffic.

Chittappan left today morning. I dropped him back to Mambalam suburban station.

At the end of it all, I did not have a haircut, could not clean my bathrooms and I could not buy the things that I had planned. There is something that I did as I had planned to – I had gone to the railways reservation counter to book tickets, but the tickets were not available. Looks like I need to choose the costlier option of a Volvo bus.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2005 12:31 PM, Blogger Rex Tom C Vadakel said...

Guess that bangalore doesnt need u...stay put in chennai only....nobody is missing u here

 
At July 11, 2005 5:00 PM, Blogger GRAM said...

hmmm.... one of your roomies just ditched you...

hahahah... now bear the brunt of the expenses

 

Post a Comment

<< Home