Monday, July 11, 2005

Renewing my Vehicle Insurance

This had been a reason for tension for quiet a few days for me. Knowing myself very well, I knew that it will be a long time before I get my vehicle insurance renewed.

Its going to be one year since I got my bike, which also means that my insurance policy is about to expire, to be precise, it expires on the midnight of 16th of July. For the people who do not know, it’s a criminal offence to drive a vehicle on Indian roads without insurance (you need to have atleast a third-party insurance).

After days of procrastination, I finally decided that its time to pick up the phone and enquire with the insurance company (New India Assurance Limited) as to the details to be followed to get my insurance renewed. Firstly I checked the Internet to find out the office that is near to my office. From the net, I was able to find that the Guindy as well and the Adyar offices are close to my office at Guindy. I also got their telephone and e-mail addresses. I was so tempted to send them a mail, but then I knew that mails are going to take a lot of time.

So I pick up the phone, and try the Guindy numbers (They had given 2 numbers). There was no response from either of the numbers. So much for a main office in Chennai. Then I decided to call the Adyar office, and much to my surprise, the phone was answered before the third ring was completed. The person on the other side asked me to come over to the office and fill up an application form, and assured me that the entire process would not be taking more than 30 minutes.

So I left office after lunch, with the permission of my boss. I reached the place, and without much hustles, I got the insurance. The office of the insurance company was so typical an office – a perfect government office. The sight of a person reading a novel in the office made me a bit apprehensive, but everything was done in a little over 20 minutes. I was back in my office within an hour.

If you are considering as to why I had to make a post of this, then may be you don’t know me properly.

Doing this task all by myself before the due date is an achievement. I am a person who will set benchmarks for procrastination, I have submitted numerous assignments seconds before the due time. I have taken permission to sit in the Systems lab throughout the night to complete a project and presentation (SADN) to be submitted the next day. I have also gone to the extent of submitting one of my projects (OOAD) late - Late by an entire day!!!

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2005 6:37 PM, Blogger Gaurav said...

good goin...keep updating...quite a personal blog.... :)
hope u get a roomie soon...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home