Friday, July 29, 2005

A Perfect Day

What a day it has been!! I just want to go home and crash into my bed.. er, I do not have a bed at home, I sleep on the floor – on a mat. Whatever, I just want to catch some sleep.

I usually get up early, 6am, so that I can get ready leisurely and reach office for breakfast. The breakfast timings in the office is between 7:45am and 8:15 am. I have breakfast, talk with a few people and reach office on time at 8:30.

Today, inspite of keeping the alarm at 5:45am, I got up at 7:30!!!! As soon as I got up, I knew that I would be missing breakfast in office and I will have to eat something at the dirty shop near our office. I was in a rush to get ready and reach office on time, but my stomach – which had put on a few inches thanks to the afternoon meals in the office and the complete lack of exercise on my part – would not allow me to. I was made to sit in the bathroom for around 30 mins, and finally when my stomach thought that it was enough, I was already late!!!

Started from home at 8:30am – I should have reached office by this time – and when I was nearing office, I realized that I had left my mobile at home. The traffic, heat as well as the fact that I was already late prevented me from going back home. Upon reaching office, I realized that I did not have time to go to the shop and eat something for namesake, but there was a meeting scheduled in the morning!! The meeting got over after 10, and finally when I had something to eat, it was 10:30am!!!

I thought that my ordeals were over, but no, my stomach saw to it that I would not be getting even a moments peace. It started rumbling and showing signs that it did not like what I gave him in the morning. I felt like vomiting, then after some time I was feeling dizzy, then I was feeling sleepy too!!! Unfortunately we do not have a rest room in our office, so had to go through this sitting in my cubicle!!!

Finally, as I am preparing to leave, I am having a terrible headache. I cannot stay back in the office since I am not feeling well, and I do not want to go home now, coz I will get bored alone there and also due to the traffic outside!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home