Thursday, July 07, 2005

Goals & Objectives

This is the latest Management Mantra. Professed by the Six Sigma Gurus, this sheet describes what an individual would aspire for in a year. You need to describe your Goals, Management Points and Check Points for the year. You also need to mention the benchmark that you want to achieve and how much of the work you will be able to complete.

Being in a company that is practicing Six Sigma, the form was handed over to me by the HR Department. After a lot of deliberations and meetings with my bosses, I finally decided on my Goals and Objectives for the year.

I am to lead in two projects, both of them in Process Improvement, i.e., to study the existing process and suggest ways to improve it. The main emphasis will be to reduce cost and to improve manpower utilization. There are four other projects where I will be a team member; most of them are in the field of infrastructure development and alignment of the IT department with the other Business Groups of the company.

With my Goals & Objectives defined, I hope that my complaints of not having much work to do in the office comes to and end.

Regarding other things in my life at present, I am slowly getting settled in my new flat. Feel a bit lonely at times, but then there are no other options. I talk a lot to myself, play games in my mobile and read newspaper or magazines to kill time. When I complained to my mom about the loneliness, she suggested a simple remedy – To get married!! I have stopped complaining after that. I prefer staying alone for the moment than to tug a girl along with me at present.

Right now I am too busy enjoying my “Single” life that I am not even looking forward to having a girlfriend. Eventually I will marry, since I strongly believe in the following quote –

“Every man should get married sometime; after all, happiness is not the only thing in life”.

Before I end this post, here are a few more quotes on marriage, which I liked.

“Bachelors should be heavily taxed; its not fair that some men should be happier than others.”

“Don’t marry for money; you can borrow it cheaper.”

“Its not true that married men live longer than single men; it only seems longer.”

“When a newly married couple smiles, everyone knows why. When a ten year married couple smiles, everyone wonders why.”

“The most effective way to remember your wives birthday is to forget it once.”

“When a man is single, he is incomplete. When he is married, he is finished.”

“Marriage is a three ring circus – Engagement Ring, Wedding Ring and Suffering.”

“Love is blind, but marriage is an eye opener.”

“By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you will be happy. If you get a bad wife, you will become a philosopher.... and that is a good thing for any man.”

2 Comments:

At July 08, 2005 9:01 AM, Blogger GRAM said...

hmmmm.... marraige talks and all!!!!

start it!!!

yeva ava???

 
At July 12, 2005 1:03 PM, Blogger Abhishek Singh said...

ooh la la,

i know why u don't want a girlfriend !!!! :-))
:-))
:-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home