Monday, July 25, 2005

Back to Loneliness

The last week was full of fun and for the first time during the past two months of my stay in Chennai, I was beginning to enjoy my life in Chennai.

Since yesterday was the last day of Bhadra’s visit and since he did not know when he will be making his next visit to Chennai, I decided to take him to VGP Golden Beach. It’s a beach resort, started a long time ago, and I a favourite picnic spot in Chennai.

A few guys from Polaris and other friends joined us there. There were 8 of us at VGP.

On the way to VGP, we had the luckiest escape of our lives. We were speeding along on my Pulsar at 80km/hr and just ahead of me, there was a Maruti WagonR, he had been attempting to overtake an Indica for a long time. The Indica, was not showing any intentions of overtaking an auto which was in front of him. Now, tired of attempting to overtake the Indica, the WagorR took a sharp turn to the left in an attempt to overtake the Indica from the left. I was moving behind the Wagon R, and as he steered left, he was directly in front of me now. To everyone’s surprise, the Indica also turned left in order to overtake the auto. WagonR had not expected this and he applied breaks suddenly, I was unable to stop all of a sudden, since I was traveling fast. I applied breaks, and yet hit the WagonR on his rear bumper at a reasonable speed of 20-25km/hr. I was beginning to loose my balance, and I was expecting to fall down, but somehow – I do not remember how, as things were happening too fast – we managed regain balance and move on. There was no damage to my bike, but as my wheels had hit the WagonR’s rear bumper, there was a black mark on the middle of his number plate. It was a close shave and could have lead to some injuries; but due to god’s grace nothing serious happened.

At VGP, we had a nice time. Talking, sitting on various rides, eating and drinking. Vasudha was amazingly daring to sit along with me on all the rides, the best one being the roller coaster.

We sat on the beach for a long time, where Kranthi was blowing bubbles on everyone’s face. It was cloudy and the stay at the beach was a pleasant one.

In VGP, there is an attraction called “Statue Man”. A man stands at a podium – emotionless – for hours. He has a particular pose, and he does not even move when he is on the podium. He takes short breaks in between, but stays on the podium for most of the day. We were not able to get a glimpse of him, when we were passed the podium in the afternoon. As we were returning, we saw that he was there. So we went along to have a look. All of us stood at a distance, while Kranthi went a bit close to him and started studying him closely. Suddenly, and to say unexpectedly the statue man moved, and his intention was to scare Kranthi, since she had been staring at him for a long time. Along with the sudden movement, he also made let out a booming shout. Kranthi was taken by surprise, since the statue man was not supposed to move. She let out a shriek and ran from the place. She was dead scared and tears were streaming down her eyes!!!! All of us had a hearty laugh.

We left for home at 7:30pm, had dinner in the way. I was so tired after reaching home that I slept off for sometime. Went to see Bhadra off at the bus stand. When we were in the bus stand we heard news that an earthquake had hit the Andamans and there was an initial scare that another tsunami was on its way. Some were even telling that there were tremors in Chennai also. Anyways I never felt any tremors.

Now I am back to my lonely life at Chennai. Hope to keep in touch with more people so that I can get out of boredom.

3 Comments:

At July 25, 2005 10:13 PM, Blogger GRAM said...

Krnthi the gilti never seems lose her touch at amuing poeple..

you just have to read a fe mail on "The Corp Group"

 
At September 17, 2005 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an interesting experience. i an indian from abroad and have never been to india. golden beach belongs to my uncles' family, the VGP family. i would like to visit this resort one day....

 
At November 19, 2005 3:58 AM, Blogger tris said...

GO to cheannai bloggers meets - they seem to eb fun poeple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home