Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Life @ Chennai

Arrived in Chennai from Bangalore on 3rd evening by Brindawan Express. The company had provided accomodation for 10 days, and Gokul was also in Chennai. I had planned to stay in the company guest house in the first day, and move along with Gokul on 4th evening.

I took an auto to the guest house in Adyar. The trip cost me 120 bucks. When I reached the guest house, I saw that it was locked. The time was 9:30pm and I did not want to wait for the people to return. I was not sure whether someone had occupied it earlier, and enquries to neighbours were not fruitful, so I decided to move along with Gokul on the same day itself. So Got another auto to his house in Vadapalani, this trip cost me another 100 bucks.

Gokul's was a 2 bedroom house near Vadapalani Bus Depot. The house was good, except for the water. It was salty, hard and the color was bad. All this was secondary, since I wanted to be with Gokul.

The next day, I visited my company to collect my uniforms. Met a few of the other Management Traniees who would be joining with me.

Sunday (5th June) was a horrible day. It was hot, which is not unusual in Chennai, and on top of that all my roommates went to work and I was left all alone. I killed time by reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. I had brought this novel in Kolkatta Airport during my return trip from Sikkim.

I joined duty on 6th. Met all the 8 Management Traniees. We had to go through an induction program which lasted for 10 days. During these 10 days we had to sit through persentations by various department heads, HR personnel and by the top bosses of the company. We also visited our company's facilities in Chennai, Bangalore and Tumkur. During the trip to Bangalore and Tumkur I visited home.

As I had mentioned earlier, the water in the new house was bad, and it was becoming a problem since I had to wash my uniforms. After 2 washes, my white uniforms became yellow in color, and this prompted me to search for a new house.

The problem that I have now is that I do not want to leave Gokul, while I cannot survive with this water. Gokul expressed his displeasure when I told him of my plans to leave.

As of now I plan to move with a few friends for a few months, untill Gokul is also ready to move out, then we would search for a house together.

I dont know what he would think about my decision. I only hope that I do not loose a very good friend.

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2005 12:51 PM, Blogger GRAM said...

probably if u make him understand there wouldn't be a problemm.... don't worry i am sure he would understand.... i need your help.. canu send me the e-books link, i have downloaded about 45 books... i will send it to you also...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home