Monday, June 27, 2005

E-serve Annual Day & Besant Nagar Beach

This weekend, we had just one day off – Sunday. My initial plans for the day was to hunt for the new house. But on Saturday evening, Ram Uncle – dad’s colleague – called up and told me that he knew of a house, belonging to one of his relative, which is free. He told me that the house was a 2 BHK, with basic furnishing, one room had an ac, and there was a telephone connection as well as a gas connection. The rent was Rs.5000/-. This was an ideal flat for me. The hitch was that Ram Uncle could not reach his relative and he could not confirm whether the house could be given to me or not. He told me that he could confirm it by Monday evening. So I decided to wait till Monday to start searching for a house.

The morning went off without any incidents, was reading the newspaper and killing time. Just as I finished the newspaper, Surya called and asked me to come over to the annual day celebration of e-serve. I thought that it was an ideal time to catch up with my classmates at TAPMI. The program was being held at the YMCA grounds in Nandambakkam.

Upon reaching the place, I saw that more that half of my batch mates who were posted in Chennai were there. I met Dipti, Kranthi, Surya, Chaparwal, Ankur Agarwal, Jhunjhunwalla, Rama (APRKR), Souveer, Shayanthan, Sinha, Yash, Venkat, Vexy, Karan, Santhosh, Sumit and Anirudh. I also met a few of our seniors – Nayana, our immediate senior and also one 2003 passout.

We had a nice time there, reminded me of the college, where a gang used to pull chairs and sit together, making a lot of noise and attracting attention. The same was happening at the YMCA grounds.

I left the grounds with Rama at 3pm and went to the flats where Jhunjhunwalla, Ankur and Karan were put up. Watched TV with all the major channels for the first time after coming to Chennai. In Chennai, you have the CAS (Conditional Access System) in place, due to which you need a Set Top Box (STB) to watch pay channels, and all the major channels are pay channels.

We left the flats at 5:30pm for Besant Nagar Beach (this is my second trip in 2 weeks). After staying in Chennai, it has become a necessity to go to Besant Nagar beach once in a while to satiate your needs to watch beautiful faces. You can get them in a other few places also, but the beach, along with the walkway, where you can sit and enjoy the breeze while giving your neck some good exercise.

It so happened that the car in which Yash, Souveer and Venkat were to come to the beach developed some problem, and they were late. Kranthi told us that she would be joining us at 7pm. So Rama and myself were roaming around in the beach, talking about our present, past lives and also looking out for some nice faces to ogle at. Time flew quickly and it was 7pm, with no news from Kranthi. Suddenly I get a message from her that she was in an auto and would reach in another 20 minutes.

To spend these 20 minutes, Rama and I decided to sit in the walkway and give some more exercise to our necks. We were having a nice time looking at a girl who was standing a bit away from us. She was the most beautiful girl we saw yesterday evening. She was married, which we guessed from the hundreds of red bangles that she was wearing. That did not deter us from looking at her.

That’s when Kranthi’s message came that the auto driver had dropped her somewhere and she could not figure out the way to get to us. She did manage to get to us, and by that time others had also come, after they repaired their cars.

Soon it was time to leave, and I started to search my pocket for my bike keys. To my horror, I could not find them. I was in a beach, had roamed the length and breadth of it and now I had lost the keys and had no clue as to where I should start my search. I remembered that I was playing with my key chain when Rama and I were waiting for Kranthi at the walkway, where were looking at that married girl. So I decided to check that place first.

When I reached, that girl was still there with her family members. I started searching for the keys – looking at the place where we sat. That’s when the girl – the same married girl – came up to me and asked whether I was searching for a key. To my relief, she told me that her husband had found the key and had gone to look for its owner. I called him on his mobile and got my keys back.

I could not find words to thank the couple. The relief was immense and I could not imagine what would have happened if I had not found my keys. I would like to thank the couple once again for having kept the keys with them.

By the end of the day, I was dead tired. I also had a headache. I reached home, took bath and slept off.

1 Comments:

At June 28, 2005 11:50 AM, Blogger GRAM said...

hey dude.. who is this rama???

have a gr8 time in chennai.. i am sure its better than hybd. tc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home