Friday, March 25, 2005

Leaving Manipal

After the Kodai trip, it was time to leave Manipal. I had already packed my stuff, but I had to send them to my home.

In the afternoon, the HSBC credit cards for which we had applied for arrived. These cards are issued to the outgoing batch of students. The main features include free membership for the first year, and also the words "TAPMI Class of 2005" embossed on it. This is my first credit card, and I felt good holding it in my hands.

I contacted XPS and booked my luggage, they will reach on 28th. Now only my bike and clothes remain, which I will take along with me when I leave on 27th, I will book the bike on Saturday.

In the evening we went for another party, the last few days have been full of parties, this one was for TSG. To spend the 3000/- we had won for being the best forum. Went to Sai Parivar and had a great dinner there. I tried Scotch Whiskey for the first time, and drank 180 ml of Black & White. It was so smooth. I am beginning to realize my capacity of drinking, and it is not bad at all. After the drinking session, I drove my bike back to Manipal and also locked the Systems Lab. Then I also worked on this blog as well as the previous one.

Karthik reminded me of one interesting fact - out of the 3000/- to be spent, the hotel bill came out to be Rs.2949/-. Out of the 51/- remaining, 20/- went as tip and the rest was used to buy 'Paan' and cigs. So we managed to spend the entire 3000/- that we won.

My parents will be arriving tomorrow, have booked rooms for them in Hotel Broadway. We are planning for a trip to Mookambika temple tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2005 1:44 AM, Blogger Karthik Abhiram said...

Heh... it is worth mentioning also that the total bill amount came to Rs. 2949, and considering the tip plus other stuff we bought, we spent exactly Rs. 3000.

Of course, we're ignoring the actions of one Mr. Girish :)

 
At March 25, 2005 10:42 PM, Blogger DILIP VAMANAN said...

Hey,
Put some nice photos, if possible.

Dilip

 

Post a Comment

<< Home