Monday, March 14, 2005

ADMT End Term & Farewell

The day began late, with Adi waking me just in time for me to get ready and reach the examination hall in time. If he had not woken me up, I would have definitely missed the exam. All the questions were looking quiet new to me, and then I began regretting my decision of not studying for the exam. Infact , I did not even open the books or peek into the slides. Spent 45 minutes in the hall and I was out.

This could be my first deficit in TAPMI. I do not have a deficit in any subject till date, ADMT will be my first.

When I had joined this place, I came with a lot of dreams - To be amongst the top 20 in the batch, to learn a lot of things about management and to get a good job. After 2 years, except for the last dream, ie of getting a good job, I have not realised any other dream. I was consistently in the bottom 40 of the batch, and the learning I got was not that much. Anyways happy that I am leaving with a good job.

In the evening, our juniors gave us a farewell. It was very well organized.

There was a presentation in the mini-audi of our college, and the juniors were able to find one foto of me smoking a cig. They put up the foto and changed my name from Arun Panicker to Arun Smoke-ne-kar. Later in the night, they were giving gifts and titles to all the seniors. I got the title "Mobile Chimney". Which was preposterous, since I smoke a maximum of 2-3 cigs in a day, while there are many others in the college who smoke more than I do.

The party witnessed firecrackers, great music and good food. It went on for 3 hours. I was in my senses for 2 hours, after which I was too drunk to realise what was going on around me. Had a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home